Mesa 7.9 Release Notes / date TBD
Mesa 7.9 is a new development release.
People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick
with a previous release or wait for Mesa 7.9.1.
Mesa 7.9 implements the OpenGL 2.1 API, but the version reported by
glGetString(GL_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used.
Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 2.1.
See the Compiling/Installing page for prerequisites
for DRI hardware acceleration.
- New, improved GLSL compiler written by Intel.
See the Shading Language page for
- GL_EXT_timer_query extension (i965 driver only)
- GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample extension (intel drivers, MAX_SAMPLES = 1)
- GL_ARB_texture_swizzle extension (alias of GL_EXT_texture_swizzle)
- GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow
and GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 in Gallium drivers
- The Mesa demo/test programs have been moved into a separate git